We are all unique and follow our own paths towards change. I know you can change, if that’s what you desire. Having someone listen to you attentively and in a non -judgemental manner is the first step. Together, we can explore the sensitive issues which you would prefer to put to the back of your mind, but which keeping nagging at you. I have been on this journey myself, and for over twenty years I have worked in various capacities with people from all walks of life and have seen great results.
Over the past decade, I have come to experience the transformative power of words and have facilitated poetry therapy groups and workshops in a wide variety of settings. I am a Certified Poetry Therapist, having completed over 440 hours of training with the International Federation for Biblio/Poetry Therapy in U.S.A under the mentor ship and supervision of Victoria Field.
I am passionate how words can be used to bring about healing and transformation. Currently I only offer poetry therapy in groups. I am facilitating an informal group called Writing, Coffee and Conversation for people who wish to discover more about themselves through poetry self- reflective writing and conversation.
I also offer poetry therapy workshops, in Central London throughout the year.
Do visit my Poetry Therapy page to find out more and to subscribe to my mailing list if you want to be notified of future events.
I will be speaking at Educating Creatively Conference at Storyhouse in Chester. A conference for anyone interested in creativity and education. The conference starts Wednesday 4 – Saturday 7 September 2019.
- Therapeutic Writing for Resilience – 27 Sep 2019
- Using Art in Therapy – 2 Nov 2019
- Writing for Confidence – 25 Jan 2020
- Outer and Inner Journeys; Therapeutic Writing – 28 Mar 2020
- Working Therapeutically with Masks – 18 May 2020
- Introduction to Therapeutic Writing – 14, 21 & 28 Jun 2020
My Professional Counselling and Writing Memberships
- British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) Registered/ Accredited Counsellor
- Person Centred Art Therapy Association
- The Black, African and Asian Therapy Network
- Lapidus International – Words for Wellbeing Association
- NAWE – National Association for Writers in Education
- The Poetry Society
My Professional Counselling and Poetry Therapy Qualifications
- Diploma in Counselling (BACP accredited)
- Diploma in Person Centred Art Therapy skills
- Certificate in Counselling Skills in the Development of Learning
- Certificate in Person Centred Art Therapy
- Certificate in Person Centred Counselling Supervision
- Primary Certificate in Stress Management
- Certificate in Applied Poetry Facilitation
- Certificate in Poetry Therapy
My Continuing Professional Development
I hold a strong belief that professional counsellors need to constantly update their skill set and qualifications in order to provide the highest level of service to their clients. I regularly take part in ongoing professional development courses.
- Solution Focussed Brief Therapy
- Introduction to Drama therapy
- Advanced Train The Trainer with Victim Support
- Effective Group work
- Working with Couples
- Relaxation skills
- How to lift low self esteem
- The Psychology of Trauma
- Major incident debriefing and trauma care
- How to break the cycle of depression without drugs
- Ways into working with couples
- Working with PTSD- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Working with Borderline Personality Disorder
- Working with Self Harm
- Working with women exiting prostitution
- Skills for Managing Suicide and Self harm
- Domestic violence in LGBT communities
- Violence against women – Advanced Level
- Supporting victims of sexual violence
- Male rape and sexual assault
- Supporting people bereaved through homicide
Get In Touch
If you would like to talk to me about how counselling works for yourself or others, or have questions about poetry therapy please feel free to pick up the phone and call me or connect with me via my contact me page on this website.