We are all unique and follow our own paths towards change. I know you can change, if that’s what you desire. Having someone listen to you attentively and in a non -judgemental manner is the first step. Together, we can explore the sensitive issues which you would prefer to put to the back of your mind, but which keeping nagging at you. I have been on this journey myself, and for over 16 years I have worked in various capacities with people from all walks of life and have seen great results.
Counselling is my vocation in life, I bring all my passion to this work, so that I can continue helping others heal and recover from life’s challenges. I currently provide counselling in Hackney and Camden in London. I can also offer remote counselling by telephone.
Over the past decade, I have come to experience the transformative power of words and have facilitated poetry therapy groups and workshops in a wide variety of settings.
I am a Certified Poetry Therapist, having completed over 440 hours of training with the International Federation for Biblio/Poetry Therapy in U.S.A under the mentor ship and supervision of Victoria Field. I am the only person in the U.K. to have qualified as a Certified Poetry Therapist (CPT) with The International Federation for Biblio/Poetry Therapy in U.S.A. with a non – U.S.A. based mentor.
I am passionate how words can be used to bring about healing and transformation. I am currently facilitating a group called Writing, Coffee and Conversation for people who wish to discover more about themselves through poetry self- reflective writing activities and conversation. I also offer therapeutic writing groups in the community, libraries, therapy centres and at further education colleges.
In addition I facilitate a writing for wellbeing programme for secondary schools and academies, entitled Courage to Be Me for Schools.
Working Therapeutically with Masks – 21 May 2018
My Professional Counselling and Writing Memberships
- British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) Registered/ Accredited Counsellor
- Person Centred Art Therapy Association
- The Stress Management Society
- The Black, African and Asian Therapy Network
- Lapidus International – Words for Wellbeing Association
- NAWE – National Association for Writers in Education
- The Poetry Society
My Professional Counselling and Poetry Therapy Qualifications
- Diploma in Counselling (BACP accredited)
- Diploma in Person Centred Art Therapy skills
- Certificate in Counselling Skills in the Development of Learning
- Certificate in Person Centred Art Therapy
- Certificate in Person Centred Counselling Supervision
- Primary Certificate in Stress Management
- Certificate in Applied Poetry Facilitation
- Certificate in Poetry Therapy
My Continuing Professional Development
I hold a strong belief that professional counsellors need to constantly update their skill set and qualifications in order to provide the highest level of service to their clients. I regularly take part in ongoing professional development courses.
- Solution Focussed Brief Therapy
- Introduction to Drama therapy
- Advanced Train The Trainer with Victim Support
- Effective Group work
- Working with Couples
- Relaxation skills
- How to lift low self esteem
- The Psychology of Trauma
- Major incident debriefing and trauma care
- How to break the cycle of depression without drugs
- Ways into working with couples
- Working with PTSD- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Working with Borderline Personality Disorder
- Working with Self Harm
- Working with women exiting prostitution
- Skills for Managing Suicide and Self harm
- Domestic violence in LGBT communities
- Violence against women – Advanced Level
- Supporting victims of sexual violence
- Male rape and sexual assault
- Supporting people bereaved through homicide
In my search for answers I needed help and support and had to dig deep in my own resources to help me feel more confident, happy and creative. This is where I developed a great interest in personal development. As part of my commitment to continual professional development (CPD) in myself and others, I work towards higher standards by:
- Facilitating creative writing therapy workshops for personal development
- Facilitating a weekly person centred group for vulnerable women
- Providing individual and group supervision to student counsellors and qualified counsellors
- Providing individual external/ clinical supervision to workers in End Violence Against Women and Girls sector
- Completing courses on Group process and facilitation
- Completing courses on self care and self understanding through creative expression
- Completing courses on Risk assessment safety planning and disclosure
- Completing courses on Guided imagery and visualisation for therapeutic change
- Completing courses on Creative writing
- Completing courses on Journal writing for self development
- Completing courses on Counselling survivors of child sexual abuse
- Completing courses on domestic violence and mental health
- Completing courses on Orthodox Jewish awareness
- Completing courses on Islam awareness
Get In Touch
If you would like to talk to me about how counselling works for yourself or others, or have questions about poetry therapy please feel free to pick up the phone and call me or connect with me via my contact me page on this website.